Monday, December 31, 2012

Art Jewelry Elements - Component of the Month Reveal!

Welcome to the AJE component of the month reveal.  This month it was Jenny's turn to host and she did darn good!!!  I know I have been very quiet and scarce as of late but part of it was using any spare time to complete this piece.  Thank you so much for joining me on this journey.
 
The Labyrinth
 
"The labyrinth is a meditative pathway which according to history has pagan roots, yet eventually found its way into church yards. Walking the labyrinth is a reflective journey of the spirit. Although a labyrinth resembles a maze, it is not. Getting yourself lost inside a maze can put yourself into a panic state. Whereas, following the labyrinth pathway will take you to its center and return you safely back to the entrance. It is not a walk to take quickly, take your time on this sacred walk. It is a grounding and peaceful experience."
 
Funny as I explored the design of this gorgeous pendant I found myself wondering.  The design actually came in such a flow it was easy to just sit and enjoy the beads.  As I was sitting and finally enjoying the process ( the holidays were so busy finding time was the biggest issue) I realized that each time I sit and bead I am walking my very own labyrinth.  I find it a peaceful and calming journey most times and when a design flows I have so much more time to enjoy the process.  It is so much like walking a path and being able to notice all the beauty around.  How each bead nestles into it's place, how the thread is a guiding and binding force and how each individual piece is a one of a kind journey of discovery.  I have to thank Jenny so very much for not only sending this piece to work with (and another that is waiting for it's own journey) but the peace that it provided me.  I needed that more than anything!
 
Walking the Labyrinth
 
I always wanted a necklace in cobalt!!!  Thank you Jenny!!!
 
I used one of the components from my "Pop up Pearls" tutorial.  It just seemed to fit!
 
Close up of the clasp that mimics the component.

 If you want your own Labyrinth pendant go here
 
I promise to be a better blogger in the coming new year.  I really have missed posting more than just reveals and challenges but don't worry I still love posting them too!!!
 
Hugs and Blessings
KK

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kristen - so rich but at the same time calming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley is right that cobalt is so rich and I love all the beadwork. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - that color is just gorgeous! Your beadwork is amazing, as usual - what a spectacular piece you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Gorgeous! And you are SO right - seed beads as meditative experience. I can see that altho they often make me tense up... but the repetition, the pattern, keeping the mind busy and yet freeing it to wander at the same time. So wonderful! The beaded dangle is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous piece! I love the wonderful all blue color which really packs a punch. I've never worked with seed beads other than to use them a spacers, and I admire your lovely beadwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cobalt and silver combo! The beaded chain looks simply silky. It's amazing what you create when your brain is inspired! Here's to a creative 2013! Happy New Year dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply Awesome! you accented the bead perfectly & I love the color. The beaded ropes added just the right weight to give this necklace presence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kristen,
    Your all cobalt blue necklace is gorgeous and the pop out pearls components were just the right touch. As I have always said and will continue to say, you are one awesome bead weaver. May 2013 bring you peace, love, and lots of creativity.
    Happy New Year my friend,
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cobalt blue is such a rich and regal color, one of my favorites in making jewelry.

    Your necklace worked out beautifully and the lovely ceramic pendant is ideal - an absolutely perfect component for the piece.

    Wishing you a joyous New Year may 2013 be everything you could ever hope for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is, indeed a peaceful necklace! I am so glad that you got the blue one so you could show us this peaceful journey! I almost never work with that color and now I think that maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! And I am so glad you found time to work on it during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are totally right, beading is like walking a calm labyrinth! Glad you pointed that out. That design worked out wonderful, your pop up pearl pattern is the perfect touch to the pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful, and I love how you shared the way you thought about the process. I love that feeling of peace that happens when we're in the "zone"!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you connected beading to walking a labyrinth. Then my mind wandered to doing a spiral weave, very labyrinth-like. Around and around. I especially love the dangle on your piece and how you echoed that in the clasp. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous as always! I expect no less from you and you never disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Kristen, that's amazing! And I can see how it would be meditative to work on, as well! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was nodding through your post, so true. What a great physical result you get to hold in your hands, and of course wear around your neck, from that medatative journey. It's really a beautiful and sophisticated piece.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am always in awe of anyone who can do such beautiful work with such tiny beads! You have created a really beautiful necklace!

    ReplyDelete

I so love visitors so please let me know you were here so I don't get lonely! Cyber Hugs!